Below are a number of obvious but important things to keep in mind during your work shifts:
- Stay off your cell phone!
- We can all admit to having an issue with this. During a long (and especially boring) shift it's so tempting to check your phone or text your significant other. However, this is a serious offense in many workplaces and could lower your employers opinion of you - or worse, get you fired.
- Check your Facebook on your break or wait until you get home
- This is just as important as not checking your cell phone. Checking your Facebook is the best thing you can do if you're looking to get fired. Unless you are a social media coordinator save updating your status until you get home.
- Stay on task
- It's great to have a good relationship with your co-workers but don't let socializing get in the way of the work you're getting paid to do!
- Get to know your boss
- Make an effort to talk to your supervisor. Having a good working relationship with them will make your time at work easier for the both of you.
- Arrive on time
- And if you're going to be late - call ahead! But try really hard to get to work about 15 minutes before your shift starts. This will allow you to properly prepare (ie. grabbing a coffee and checking your personal email!) before your shift starts.
Post a Comment