Basically, the BCDO is an office there to help you:
- understand and determine career options with your degree
- create a resume and cover letter that will impress employers
- conduct effective job search and succeed in a competitive job market
- meet employers and network with industry professionals
There are a few differences:
- drop in resume and cover letter reviews
- more broad range career information
- alumni can use us after they graduate, no cap on our services
- due to the specific resume reviews they provide, appointments are necessary
- walk-in hours and resume clinics are available
- after one year, limitations on access to the BCDO occur
- The BCDO offers a specific Business Job Postings section through Career Zone
NOTE: Business students can STILL come to Career Services for any of their career needs, from degree exploration to resume reviews, and even career planning. The main thing is that the BCDO offers very specific information, geared exclusively toward Business students. But we encourage all students to recognize all of the student services and resources available to them on campus and to take advantage of everything!
To book an appointment with the BCDO, just log in to Career Zone!
For more information feel free to visit the BCDO website, or email Stephanie Sugamori at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.