Thinking about wearing a costume to work? Here’s a guide for do’s and don’ts to make sure you’re the right kind of spooky at work:
- Use your best judgement when choosing a costume; if you aren’t sure if it’s appropriate, it’s probably best to choose something else
- Ask around to see what your co-workers are dressing up as
- Have fun with it and be creative!
- Wear anything that is offensive, or that could reinforce harmful stereotypes around race, gender, ability, culture or mental health
- Violate any of your workplace policies/dress codes
2. Funeral director
3. Arachnologist (spider scientist)
4. Ghost hunter
5. Embalmer (preparing bodies for funeral homes)
6. Crime scene cleaner
7. High-rise window cleaner
8. Coroner (examining deceased bodies)
10. Snake milker (extract venom from snakes)
To learn more about these, and other career options, visit careerzone.brocku.ca or drop into CareerZone on Monday-Friday from 8:30-4:30. We have also added extended hours on Tuesday’s from 4:30-6:30.
Have a safe and happy Halloween!