This week's DEG of the week is: Environmental Geosciences! Within the Earth Sciences department, there are many oppurtunities:
- Environmental Geosciences (Bachelor of Science)
- Earth Sciences (Bachelor of Science)
Brock's Earth Sciences department is central in:
- Solving current global problems such as waste disposal, pollution, groundwater management, volcano and earthquake hazards.
- Exploration and utilization of natural resources such as oil and gas, minerals and aggregates.
- Determination how the planet has evolved from its origin 4.6 billion years ago to the present.
- Unravelling the record of global change and in predicting future changes to the planet.
Today, we will mostly focus on the careers and oppurtunities Brock's Environmental Geosciences degree offers!
- Conservation Officer
- Environmental Consultant
- Environmental Lawyer
- Field Naturalist
- Habitat Restoration
- Marine Biologist
- Natural Resource Specialist
- Pollution Prevention Specialist
- Recycling Coordinator
- Soil Scientist
- Urban / Regional Planner
Additionally, Brock's Envrionmental Geosciences degree offers a combination major program with many other degrees such as:
- Biological Sciences
Bonus: Brock's Earth Science department is big on field trips!
Field trips form an integral component of training in the earth sciences and are offered in all years of study, linked to specific courses. Field trips may take place during the lab period or involve a time period beyond the lab, over a single day or weekend trips. To offset transportation costs the Department has instituted a Field Trip Levy for all courses with multiple field trips. In addition, on single day or weekend trips, students are expected to cover costs of accommodation and food. Field trip costs, where applicable, are in addition to the regular tuition fees associated with the course.
- Critical Thinking
- Fieldwork Skills
- Observation Skills
- Research Skills
- Compiling & Organizing Information
- Attention to Detail
Post a Comment