The Department of Tourism Management offers a four-year program leading to a Bachelor of Arts degree (Honours BA and BA with Major) and a three year BA Pass degree program.
The program is designed to meet the needs of the fast-growing tourism industry and incorporates co-op, internship, professional and field experiences for students. This program integrates principles of sustainability (environmental, social, economic and political) in tourism management.
- Attractions/Theme Park Coordinator
- Cultural Resource Specialist
- Economic Developer
- Event Planner
- Flight Attendant
- Hospitality Manager
- Outdoor Recreation Planner
- Program Coordinator
- Resort Facilities Manager
- Sustainable Tourism Developer
- Travel Agency Manager
- Urban Planner
Degree Specific Skills:
- Coordinating and Directing Others
- Planning and Organizing Skills
- Possess Ingenuity and Imagination
- Understanding of Cross-Cultural Perspectives
- Work Effectively with Diverse Populations
This program is designed to incorporate co-op, internship, professional and field experiences for students INCLUDING a Disney internship with the University of Florida!
Additionally, there are many opportunities to participate in field courses around the world!
You can find more information about Brock's Tourism Management program at:
You can find our Degree Exploration Guides in CareerZone and at https://brocku.ca/ccee/career-education/campus/what-can-i-do-with-my-degree/. DEGs outline a list of common career options related to a certain program, as well as degree specific skills. Also, DEGs offer various links to help with job and volunteer search in that chosen field!
Post a Comment