Our DEG of the Week is Communication! Within the department of Communication, there are many degrees Brock students can receive:
- Business Communication
- Film Studies
- Media and Communication Studies
- Popular Culture
This week, we will mostly focus on Business Communication and Media and Communication Studies but a lot of what we'll cover connects with Film Studies and Popular Culture!
Business Communication is an interdisciplinary program combining the study of communication with some apsects of business. Basically, this program aims to give students the knowledge and basis of practicing and acting within the business environment!
Media and Communication Studies is also an interdisciplinary program but it focuseson the impact of media and communcation in society. This program especially emphasizes the study of media content, audiences, and institutions in their political, economic, and social contects in Canada and elsewhere.
Communication Combination Programs
One of the best things about Brock is all the different streams and program oppurtunities that are available for all students with different interests! In the communication department, Brock has two popular combination programs:
- Journalism: The Journalism program is a five year program that combines courses in Journalism at Mohawk College with an Honours degree in Communication Studies at Brock! This program caters to students who wish to have a career in journalism and broadcasting.
- Public Relations: The Public Relations program is a four year program that combines Public Relations at Mohawk College and a degree with Brock. This program caters to students who wish to have a career in public relations!
- Advertising Executive
- Event Planner
- Marketing Director
- Media Consultant
- Public Relations Specialist
- Reporter (Television/Radio)
Degree Specific Skills:
- Interpersonal Skills
- Media Knowledge and Practice
- Organizing Information/Materials
- Planning and Management Skills
- Public Speaking Skills
- Research Skills
Post a Comment