Brock Universities Career Resource Centre is looking to hire 4 motivated students to become Career Assistants! Not only is this position perfect for anyone, it gives an individual a competitive edge when they graduate and enter the field of work.
The Career Assistant’s primary responsibilities include:
- Assisting students with career exploration and job search information
- Referring students to the resources and services offered by Career Services and other Campus Services
- Demonstrating professionalism by providing exceptional customer service to visitors in the Career Resource Centre
- Utilizing active listening skills to respond to student inquiries and advise students appropriately
- Providing constructive feedback on job search documents such as resumes, CV’s, cover letters, letters of intent, LinkedIn profiles and portfolios.
- Participating in a variety of team projects and events such as Newsletters, Career Fairs and other initiatives
- Actively sharing ideas and contributing to team discussions at weekly staff meetings
- Performing administrative tasks and maintaining daily statistics as required
- Ensuring the Career Resource Centre maintains a neat, organized and professional appearance; keeping resources stocked and up-to-date
- All other duties as assigned
The deadline for application is quickly approaching! By March 18th, be sure to have your resume and Cover Letter handed in to CareerZone.brocku.ca!
Best of luck to anyone who is applying!